Tuesday, October 7, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ADDYSON!!!

Well, it is here...My baby girl is 2!! She is so much fun right now. She can talk to you (you just have to understand what she is saying), she is VERY independent, loves EVERYONE(if you ever see us in Wal-Mart you will understand), is ALMOST always in the best mood and has started to call me Mommy instead of Mama. I JUST LOVE HER!!! We went to see my Granny at the Assisted Living Home last night and they have this front room where the residents gather. (Granny says they sleep out there and she doesn't like it one bit) Anyway-There were a few people out there last night and when we walked in no one was talking and there was one that was sleeping. When they saw Addyson, they all just lit up. It was litterally like somone turned on a light in the dark room. They all wanted to talk to her and hug her. She just walked right up to them and said "HI" with a wave. It was so sweet.
The Parks family has been quite busy lately. Addyson has been asked to be the Gibson Co. Ambassador for the March for Babies Walk. We are so excited. The walk is Oct. 18. If you haven't donated to the March of Dimes, I encourage you to check out their website. You will not believe everything that they do. There is a link at the top of this blog that you can donate. It is such a worthy cause. Another humdinger in our house is MOMMY IS BACK IN SCHOOL!!!! Yes, you did read that correctly. I am taking classes(that I have already had but they are only good for 5 years WHO KNEW??) to get ready to apply for the nursing program. I am super excited and super scared. I am taking one class right now. I will apply next year. Plesase pray for me and Milton and Addyson. I NEVER thought I would be going back to school, but I feel like this is something I really want to do. We also just got back from vacation. I will do a separate blog on it.

I will leave you with this story and of course pictures at the bottom!! Ever since Addyson was born I have had this very strong feeling that she was going to do great things for Jesus. Well, we got our first glimpse of it last night. Now, I am not saying that she KNEW what she was doing, but it just reconfirmmed my feeling. We were at a resturant last night and a couple with a little girl about Addyson's age sat in front of us. Addyson kept turing around and talking to the little girl. They would mock what the other was doing. It was really funny. Well, the little girl's daddy had a beer brought to him. It was like clock work...My baby Addyson closed her hands together like she was praying and was trying to get the little girl to do the same. It just about took my breath away. Now, I am not saying that you need prayer if you have a beer with your meal, but Addyson must think you do!! :) It was as if God was giving me a glimpse into our future. It made me think about my daily walk and the kind of Christian woman, wife and mother I want to be. I just love how God gives you these little "wake up calls" at the times when you least expect it. I guess what I am trying to say is that it was a beautiful moment that I know My Lord orchestrated.




Addyson a few days after she was born
3 months
6 months
1 year
AND 2!!!!!!

1 comment:

April S. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADDYSON!!!! I can't believe our little ones are 2!!!(or almost 2 for Tatum)

I LOVE the story at the end too. Addyson is definitely going to be doing great things for God in her lifetime!