Monday, October 20, 2008

My Extended Family

I graduated from x-ray school 2 years ago. It doesn't even seem like it has been 2 months, much less 2 years. It was 24 months of hard work, long hours, and an unexpected bond that I share with those people. We were told at the beginning of the program that we would all be family when it was over, but I really had no idea how true that would be. In our group of 13 we went through marriages, divorces, pregnancies, abnormal pregnancies and death of loved ones. Pretty much, if it can happen it did happen to at least one of us. Now, some of these I wished didn't have to happen, but every event brought us closer and closer to each other. These people are not only my best friends, but my family. We are all scattered out everywhere and don't get to see each other as much as we would like, but when we do talk or see each other it is like starting exactly where we left off. I love these people and am so blessed that I got to go through this crazy journey with them.
I tell you all of this to introduce you to the newest bundle of joy to join our "family". This is Ben!!! He was born last week weighing a WHOPPING 10lbs 1 oz. He is just the sweetest little boy and I can't wait to watch him grow up!!Addyson, Auntie Mae and Ben
Me and Ben
Addyson, Mommy and Ben

1 comment:

April S. said...

10 pounds?!?! WOW! I bet you didn't even know what to do with a baby that big since Addyson was so small at birth! Also PLEASE tell me "Aunt Mae" in the pics is not the mommy....if so, I am jealous how small she is...i mean, I am a little jealous anyway, but if she just gave birth, WOW!

It is nice to have such close friends that are pretty much family. Glad you found that too!